Nutanix Prism Review

Simple to upgrade, no downtime, and the performance flow charts are excellent

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Prism is awesome. It's a simple upgrade. There is no downtime and all. There is never any worry about upgrading the solution. It's a very good product.

The Clone and Snapshot features are two of the most valuable aspects of the solution for our organization. Rather than simply one-click automation the Snapshot and reverse Snapshot are great.

The performance flow chart is excellent. I can find out about the performance levels and all the metrics are right there for us. If we were to go to VMware we would have to deploy the vrOPs etc. You're able to see the chart and utilization screen and performance monitoring, all those things. So this is good, rather than VMware vSAN technology.

The solution offers good production.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit more user-friendly. The dashboard and configuration should be much easier to use.

The migration from Nutanix to other platforms, like VMware and hypervisor, needs improvement. That is a difficult task right now, because we cannot run the two separately. It's a bit tricky.

I've been using the solution for six to eight months.

The solution is stable. It's been quite reliable for us. We haven't had any issues with it.

The solution is scalable. We don't have any issues with that.

We've only had one issue previously and it was a hardware failure. We made a support ticket and they were able to assist.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward.

Deployment took us one day. We were done with the installation quite quickly.

We handled the installation ourselves, along with the assistance of a Nutanix partner engineer.

Nutanix's partner was there at the data center along with us. I went through some Nutanix training as well. This was about five days and by the end, I was well-versed in deployment and other processes. We didn't face any difficulty. We knew how to face configurations and charts, etc.

Before choosing this solution we looked avSAN technology and HPE SimpliVity. We were also looking at Dell VxRail as well.

What other advice do I have?

We aren't using the latest version of the solution. It might be the latest minus one. The bank always goes for a minus version and not the latest version because of some compliance-related issues related to bank policies.

I'd recommend the solution. It's quite good. As an alternative, VxRail is also a good option.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm very happy with this product. My workload is currently running on production on a Nutanix box, and it is working absolutely fine. There are no issues. It offers good performance and optimization. It's resilient.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users