Nutanix Review

Good performance and nice user interface, but the solution does not work on older systems

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it based on the VMware vSAN. I use it with EMC VxRail.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers impressive performance.

We don't have to pay for extras.

The interface of the solution is good. I like the UI.

The stability of the solution is quite decent.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't support older systems, which can be a problem for some organizations who wish to implement it. It became a problem for us due to the fact that some of our systems are older.

I'm fairly new to the product. I've only been working with it for about two months now.

The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't run into bugs or glitches. There haven't been crashes. So far, in the little experience we've had, I'd say the solution is quite dependable.

We're finding that scaling is acceptable. If an organization needs to expand Nutanix, they should be able to do so with no problems whatsoever.

To be honest, we don't actually contact Nutanix for technical support or troubleshooting issues. Therefore, it would be hard to rate them or describe any recent experiences. We find that our system integrator vendor is good at helping with support-related enquiries if we have them or need help. They've been well trained on Nutanix and understand how the system works. For now, we're satisfied going through them to get the support we need.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward, mostly because we didn't handle it ourselves.

Our implementation only took about a week.

We hired a system integrator to handle the implementation of the product. They were great. We trust them and find their work to be very dependable. They also are able to provide support.

The solution is very cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Nutanix customer. We don't have any partnership or other type of relationship with the organization.

The solution is a good product. It works great on newer systems, however, if a company has an older system they might run into issues.

The performance is great and the pricing is very reasonable, which is why we like it and why we would recommend it to others.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten. If it worked better with older systems, I might rank it a bit higher.

More Nutanix reviews from users