Nutanix Review

It controls data sets and metadata well with local read/write access and real-time distribution to other hosts, but it slows down in systems with large block sizes in random write.

What is most valuable?

• Shadow clone
  • Deduplication fingerprint on ingest

How has it helped my organization?

The beauty of this product is that it is very intelligent in controlling the data set and metadata. It fully utilizes the memory, hard disk, and CPU, and leverage big data components such as a Cassandra database as a metadata database to hold each of the nodes for a redundancy issue if there's a node or disk failure.

Each of the applications can perform data access in read and write locally, and also distribute a second copy of data to other hosts in real time, which ensures data will not be lost if there is a hard disk failure, and this avoids storage I/O bottleneck issues.

What needs improvement?

When operating a system which has a large capacity and large block sizes in random write, the performance will slow down a little bit.

I've used it for two and a half years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

7/10.

10/10 as Nutanix support provides all our hypervisor support.

No, because no one is similar to Nutanix in using 100% software define storage.

It's very straightforward. It makes a complete workflow and software for operation. In fact, it's so easy it will make implementation engineers obsolete.

I implemtented it myself.

It's very simple and cost effective.

• VMware vSAN