Nutanix

Nutanix Review
We can deploy VM as a service and perform updates on the nodes without downtime.

Valuable Features:

The consolidated storage: no need to use central storage that has a performance penalty. For example, while using central storage that enables file-sharing NAS services & SAN services, when one VM had an IO overload, all the VMs in the same data store in the VMware environment on the same LUN suffered from I/O latency. Now, in the new consolidated storage, this does not happen.

Improvements to My Organization:

We can deploy VM as a service & we can perform updates on the nodes without downtime in a very simple, direct way.

Room for Improvement:

The improvement needed is for elastic clusters, meaning the ability to depart and join nodes in an automatic way. We have a laboratory that needs to perform bare metal tests and therefore needs to unjoin the nodes from the cluster and later on join them back.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for two years.

Stability Issues:

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues, but we are about to add another node to the cluster and it should be a very simple task .

Technical support is very good, and good with responsive time.

Previous Solutions:

We were using central storage and suffered from bad performance latency.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered:

At the time we checked, this solution was unique.

Other Advice:

Perform resizing. Check the needs and deploy only what is needed. Check the memory DIMMs and make sure for the price you get, you have free DIMMs.

We  Added a dedicated switch for this cluster so that all layer 2 networking will be in this switch and separate from the main  routers.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nutanix?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,847 solutions.