Nutanix

Nutanix Review
We can deploy VM as a service and perform updates on the nodes without downtime.

Valuable Features

The consolidated storage: no need to use central storage that has a performance penalty. For example, while using central storage that enables file-sharing NAS services & SAN services, when one VM had an IO overload, all the VMs in the same data store in the VMware environment on the same LUN suffered from I/O latency. Now, in the new consolidated storage, this does not happen.

Improvements to My Organization

We can deploy VM as a service & we can perform updates on the nodes without downtime in a very simple, direct way.

Room for Improvement

The improvement needed is for elastic clusters, meaning the ability to depart and join nodes in an automatic way. We have a laboratory that needs to perform bare metal tests and therefore needs to unjoin the nodes from the cluster and later on join them back.

Use of Solution

I have used it for two years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues, but we are about to add another node to the cluster and it should be a very simple task .

Technical support is very good, and good with responsive time.

We were using central storage and suffered from bad performance latency.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

At the time we checked, this solution was unique.

Other Advice

Perform resizing. Check the needs and deploy only what is needed. Check the memory DIMMs and make sure for the price you get, you have free DIMMs.

We Added a dedicated switch for this cluster so that all layer 2 networking will be in this switch and separate from the main routers.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nutanix?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.