Nutanix Review

It is easy to manage, is based on HTML5, and all CVMs are able to assume the management role.

What is most valuable?

The Prism interface is valuable. It is very easy to manage, is based on HTML5, and all CVMs are able to assume the management role. They are not the SPOF.

How has it helped my organization?

Nutanix makes it easier for us to grow as the organization needs more resources. We can add more blocks and nodes in a granular way. This is unlike a traditional infrastructure that is initially invested in for four or five years.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see asynchronous replication in less than 60 minutes, or even in 15 minutes. I understand that they are working to lower replication times to one minute or less.

We have used this solution for two years.

There have been no stability issues.

There have been no scalability issues. On the contrary, it is easy to scale and approve new resources.

Technical support is fast, in our language, very efficient, and they have a great level of technical knowledge.

We used VMware vSAN. I did not change solutions for anything in particular. It was a decision of the organization, based on a corporate strategy.

The setup was very simple. It was simpler than any other solution.

If we compare prices with a three-tier environment, servers, and storage plus virtualization and licenses of VMware or Hyper-V, Nutanix has its own free hypervisor. It also natively incorporates backup and disaster recovery solution for free.

We evaluated VMware vSAN and HPE VSA.

What other advice do I have?

Nutanix is a converged system with web-scale technology. The technology is invisible to the IT department. You can focus on your business, instead of making IT a problem in your organization.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners and we sell and implement this solution to our customers.
1 visitor found this review helpful