Nutanix

Nutanix Review
It is easy to manage, is based on HTML5, and all CVMs are able to assume the management role.

Valuable Features

The Prism interface is valuable. It is very easy to manage, is based on HTML5, and all CVMs are able to assume the management role. They are not the SPOF.

Improvements to My Organization

Nutanix makes it easier for us to grow as the organization needs more resources. We can add more blocks and nodes in a granular way. This is unlike a traditional infrastructure that is initially invested in for four or five years.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see asynchronous replication in less than 60 minutes, or even in 15 minutes. I understand that they are working to lower replication times to one minute or less.

Use of Solution

We have used this solution for two years.

There have been no stability issues.

There have been no scalability issues. On the contrary, it is easy to scale and approve new resources.

Technical support is fast, in our language, very efficient, and they have a great level of technical knowledge.

We used VMware vSAN. I did not change solutions for anything in particular. It was a decision of the organization, based on a corporate strategy.

The setup was very simple. It was simpler than any other solution.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

If we compare prices with a three-tier environment, servers, and storage plus virtualization and licenses of VMware or Hyper-V, Nutanix has its own free hypervisor. It also natively incorporates backup and disaster recovery solution for free.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated VMware vSAN and HPE VSA.

Other Advice

Nutanix is a converged system with web-scale technology. The technology is invisible to the IT department. You can focus on your business, instead of making IT a problem in your organization.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners and we sell and implement this solution to our customers.
1 visitor found this review helpful
7cc5ddf4 e02b 4068 be01 40981f58864b avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nutanix?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.