Nutanix Review
Has a compact size that reduces the HW/Datacenter footprint.

How has it helped my organization?

There was a 30% reduction in CAPEX spending when we moved towards the Nutanix platform and we had a high ROI.

What is most valuable?

• Management is simple
  • There is easy configuration
  • The solution is scalable
  • The product has a compact size that greatly reduces the HW/Datacenter footprint.

What needs improvement?

The product needs improvement in the areas of SAN attachment for high capacity and high I/O profile workloads.

I have not yet encountered any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

The technical team was instrumental in resolving issues to our satisfaction.

We did not previously use a different solution on the hyper-converged platform. Apart from this solution, we converged infrastructures from EMC/HDS vendors.

The initial setup was very easy.

Pricing and licensing are easy if:

• You know which solution you are choosing the product for
  • You provide the correct sizing

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product for its easy implementation and its elimination of the silo approach.

We have a bunch of data warehousing servers that we have planned to migrate to the Nutanix environment, but the limitation is on the amount of capacity that is currently in the DW environment and its all traditional SAN attached. We couldn’t put the amount of data that is currently in our existing production (instead need to rework on the 10G copper connections with additional funding). That is the huge drawback, considering the infrastructure we have.

Most of the authentication processors/servers have a minimum transaction of 15k requests per second. For these types of workloads, we realized the solution doesn’t seem to fit well, leaving many of the requests either being dropped or transmission lost.