Nutanix

Nutanix Review
It is now our single most powerful server that is easily scalable and has an HTML5 site that manages all aspects of the system.

Valuable Features:

Hyper-convergence is the most valuable feature for me as it allows me to scale the hardware accordingly to project requirements.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

It would be great if it could emulate some of the features that their competitor VMware has, for example port mirroring or Netflow output at hypervisor level.

Use of Solution:

We have used the solution for about a year.

Stability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We did not encounter any issues with scalability except for cost and feature requests.

Local support has been wonderful so far in my case, but I didn't have many support requirements for my projects.

Previous Solutions:

I was using a standard server infrastructure previously and found an offer for Nutanix so we switched.

Initial Setup:

The setup was handled by our local IT vendor hence you can say it's convenient.
However I was there to observe how it was done and I can say that you need network experience to link the hardware together as the nodes inside the hardware communicate using TCP/IP.

The software is set up on the get-go (off-the-shelf) but due to my project requirements I have to customize the software, hence the complexity.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

If you're willing to spend on hyper-convergence technologies be prepared to pay more and be locked down to a specific hardware vendor.

The basic license that comes with the box allows basic virtualization features but advanced automation features would require an upgrade of licenses.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before the purchase we were evaluating VMware only.

Other Advice:

Please be prepared to be locked down on the hardware.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nutanix?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,847 solutions.