Nutanix Review
It is now our single most powerful server that is easily scalable and has an HTML5 site that manages all aspects of the system.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Hyper-convergence is the most valuable feature for me as it allows me to scale the hardware according to project requirements.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if it could emulate some of the features that their competitor VMware has, for example port mirroring or Netflow output at hypervisor level.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability except for cost and feature requests.

Local support has been wonderful so far in my case, but I didn't have many support requirements for my projects.

I was using a standard server infrastructure previously and found an offer for Nutanix so we switched.

The setup was handled by our local IT vendor hence you can say it's convenient.
However I was there to observe how it was done and I can say that you need network experience to link the hardware together as the nodes inside the hardware communicate using TCP/IP.

The software is set up on the get-go (off-the-shelf) but due to my project requirements I have to customize the software, hence the complexity.

If you're willing to spend on hyper-convergence technologies be prepared to pay more and be locked down to a specific hardware vendor.

The basic license that comes with the box allows basic virtualization features but advanced automation features would require an upgrade of licenses.

Before the purchase we were evaluating VMware only.

What other advice do I have?

Please be prepared to be locked down on the hardware.