Nutanix Review

​​Hyper-convergence makes the whole datacenter simpler

What is most valuable?

Hypervisor-agnostic: I can use a VMware or Hyper-V license, if I already have one. But if I use a similar solution as Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor (AHV) that comes embedded in a Nutanix solution, I can manage all my virtual environments with everything that I need without spend more money on licenses.

How has it helped my organization?

Hyper-convergence makes the whole datacenter simpler. I don’t need to manage servers, SAN, and storage as I used to, but instead, manage everything from one simple and complete dashboard. I can manage my resources to get any information I need to monitor and scale.

For the past three years.

Sometimes, I had to install it twice to place the solution. Errors in the middle of installation require you retry, then it goes well. Other than that, it is very simple and does not requires deep knowledge.

An eight out of 10.

We had very good technical support from Nutanix during the implementation and post implementation.

I worked with Dell EMC VxRail, but this product is tied with VMware ESXi which requires expensive licenses. It is also a great solution if you have already those licenses. VxRail has a limit in scalability (64) in the 3.5 version.

I know Nutanix and VxRail have similar prices and licenses. Nutanix is a go ahead if AHV is used as the hypervisor because it is already embedded in the price.

I have some customers who tried Cisco HyperFlex and HPE HC380 instead of VMware vSAN. None of these were so attractive as Nutanix when they compared hypervisor flexibility, scalability, and support.