Nutanix Volumes Review

Improves database performance, integrates well with other products, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use this solution to achieve better database performance. It allows the system to run quicker and to be more responsive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the performance and the integration with other products, such as Oracle.

They have well-documented best practices and the interface is good.

What needs improvement?

As you have to go through all of the steps of technical support, it takes longer to get to an escalated level. The escalation process with technical support could do with some improvement.

I have been familiar with Nutanix Volumes for one year.

This solution is very stable.

It's somewhat scalable depending on the circumstances.

If you are trying to scale it to resolve an issue because of the original sizing, that can be a bit more complex. When everything is sized correctly and you are scaling it to add more capacity, then it's quite easy.

For most of the issues, technical support is pretty good. For the more complex and ongoing escalated issues, it can be slow to resolve.

They are good but it can drag on a bit.

The initial setup is quite easy.

Deployment usually takes less than a week. If you take into account testing phases and migration then it takes a few days.

What other advice do I have?

I am a solutions architect and I work for a reseller who implements products for customers. I do a lot of work in backup and recovery. I sell these solutions or I put together a solution architecture for each project.

Overall, it's a good product. The hyper-converged is good, as long as it is sized correctly to fit your workload. Most of the challenges I see with Nutanix are due to the wrong architecture. It needs to be correctly sized. If it is not properly sized then you get poor performance.

Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Amazon, Wasabi Technologies and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.