Nutanix Xi Beam Review

An excellent executive dashboard, but it doesn't show peak utilization and make recommendations

What is our primary use case?

We use Nutanix Xi Beam for cost optimization and security compliance.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Xi Beam's executive dashboard is valuable. It provides a complete sense of the whole infrastructure, right from a costing standpoint and a billing standpoint. It also shows your compliance requirements and solution insights.

What needs improvement?

I think Nutanix Xi Beam can be more cost-effective.

This product should have a sense of what their users need. Few systems are not business-critical, but they run 24/7. This product usually works on average utilization. It should help us by showing the peak utilization and make recommendations. Otherwise, we play a blind game of cost optimization. If you reduce the configuration of the servers' recent size and the peak workloads come, there'll be a huge outcry because of business disruption.

Integrations are mostly based on APIs. It needs to build some good level of interoperability between the platforms, like in the multi-cloud environments. Otherwise, the process infrastructure isn't fully-fledged, and we won't know what kind of workloads can be offloaded from the cloud to on-premise. This can reduce the cloud's footprint, not just from a cost-saving standpoint within the cloud, but also from understanding the whole ecosystem and the infrastructure.

I have been using Nutanix Xi Beam for more than a year.

Nutanix Xi Beam is a stable solution. Our expectations are a bit average and not high. In that sense, it's good.

Initially, we had tech support, but now we're solely dependent on our in-house workforce capability.

I have used a startup solution called CloudOptics, as well.

The initial setup is straightforward. We didn't integrate it with anything, but we plan to integrate it with many other solutions to bring some interoperability to it.

We started small and then started expanding. Now it's targeting only AWS, and we don't have any difficulty with cloud deployment.

A reseller, a Nutanix partner, implemented it.

Initially, it was monthly, and now it's on a yearly basis.

I have used a startup solution called CloudOptics, as well. We had a good demo of Nutanix Xi Beam in 2018 0r 2017, and it was one of the best tools at that time. We stuck to two or three products. I think one was Tableau. We tried the Nutanix Xi Beam one-month free trial and saved a lot of dollars within that month. That's when our leadership made the call.

On a scale from one to ten, I'll give Nutanix Xi Beam a seven.

What other advice do I have?

I'll tell potential customers to explore their options because there are a number of competitors in terms of competency and pricing.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Latest Version
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Cloudability, Microsoft and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: March 2021.
476,163 professionals have used our research since 2012.