Observer GigaStor Review

The long-term data storage is valuable to our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

With a short-handed staff, it allows us to be able to go back and troubleshoot if issues had occurred previously in time, so we don't have to recreate the problem.

What is most valuable?

Long-term data storage is the best feature for our organization.

What needs improvement?

The interface is pretty complex, so for the average user, it takes a while to get up to speed with it. I would like it to be more user-friendly.

We have not had stability issues.

It's handled everything we've thrown at it up to this point.

Technical support is very knowledgeable and very helpful. They typically go out of their way to help and get whatever issue we've had resolved.

We did not have a previous solution in this space.

Setup was straightforward.

We evaluated a Fluke offering and we also evaluated a offering from OPNET, which is now part of Riverbed.

What other advice do I have?

Go take a look at it. It's a great product and has great capabilities. Make sure to sign up for the trainings. I didn't get involved much with the pricing and licensing from purchasing groups, but definitely get involved with the training to bring yourself up to speed quickly.