Observer GigaStor Review

Captures and stores packets for analysis now or in the future

What is our primary use case?

It's network monitoring performance and diagnosis.

It has performed very well. It's very helpful when you want visibility into your network; not only visibility, but also the application performance and the packet captures and more. So it's very helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps restrain things regarding the firewalls, the application control, so you can just use ACLs or, if you want, firewalls to block certain traffic that you do not want to come through your network.

What is most valuable?

First of all, the ability to capture packets. It is not only for monitoring. So that is very important for a company that wants to keep an eye on the packets, the transactions, the flows, everything going down and out.

The second one is that it's able to capture packets and, after a long time, you can come and use that information; to check, to analyze - everything you would want to do. So it's very good and helpful if you want to protect your data. It is stored in a certain place where you can access it every time you want to analyze it.

I also have the ability to see an application's performance, to see what's going on, why a network is slow, why this program for this user is experiencing a delay or some network issue. You can check all this using that Observer GigaStor.

What needs improvement?

Maybe the graphical user interface could be simplified to allow people to use it more easily. It's already good, but they can work more on it to make it even easier.

Still implementing.

It's very stable and very easy to implement.

It's very scalable. No matter if your company is big or small, it's easy to implement. It's scalable.

We switched to GigaStor after we had some webinars, so it was easy to understand the features and the product. We had some communication to help us better understand the process, for getting the documentation we needed.

It was very straightforward, not complicated. Just put everything in place and then it will run automatically, easy to implement. If you follow the instructions, you get everything set up in no time.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is to know that the product has been there for a long time, that they have some stability, they have some experience in the market. For example, if you have to choose between two products, one just coming out, and the other one is 20 years on the market, the product that's been there for 20 years, they have experience, they have stability.

Also, the features of the product, that they are leaders in that particular field. It should be very easy to see the difference between it and other products. What this can do and what others cannot do.

I would rate it a nine out of 10. I have no regrets using this product. I'm very satisfied for what I paid for it and for the things I'm able to do with the product. I would recommend this product.