Observer GigaStor Review

Long-term data storage allows for historical troubleshooting of problems

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to generate metrics and get information about network traffic. It monitors both North-South and Easy-West traffic. This helps us to troubleshoot problems. For example, if a user is calling us and has some issue with the network connection, we can connect to the GigaStor and check the exact time to help find the problem.

We have an on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows us to see exactly what is going on in the network and we can very quickly solve issues with users.

What is most valuable?

All of the traffic flows through this device, so we can store the traffic and the baselines. This gives us the ability to provide service and then come back later to check exactly what happened at a particular time or period. It is a very, very helpful service.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more than 4TB of storage available in the portable version of this solution. If you have a lot of data then you won't be able to save it all. You can monitor it, but not save it. You would have to delete the old data, or maybe transfer it to another disk, to have enough space. I would like to see the storage space increased.

I have been using this solution for more than one year.

I am pretty satisfied with the stability of this solution.

Technical support is pretty responsive. I remember that I had an issue getting information from the documentation regarding a specific area of the product. I contacted them and they helped me with that. The documentation was not up to date.

This is the first experience that I've had with this kind of solution.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. It is not difficult.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this one.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with this solution, but there is room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.