Office 365 Review

A good, complete and secure suite of products for standard business tasks

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the product is for performing office tasks like word processing for critical business staff. I work with the product mostly from the administrative side but also have experience using the product itself.

How has it helped my organization?

Email transmission has greatly improved since we migrated to office 365 , collaboration with SharePoint and Teams  has increased users productivity, downtime is minimal and I.T management is very minimal hence we can concentrate on other I.T tasks.

What is most valuable?

The thing I have found most valuable is that the product is quite simple for end-user so there is not much reason to use the product support. The support for users is good and adapting the product from the user's perspective is quite easy.

The uptime of the solution is quite good, I can say it has about 98 to 99% uptime.

The product is also easy from the standpoint of administration, especially for the IT team. We have good control over who has access to the program components and what parts they can use. In terms of the IT team, it makes our work quite easy. We do not need to spend too much time monitoring the solution because it is quite good.

Security-wise, it is also good. There is multi-layer authentication which I think is good from a security standpoint.

And finally, the reporting is also good.

What needs improvement?

One part of the suite that can be improved is their online applications. Those are quite limited compared to the desktop applications and this can make them more difficult to use. That is one area of improvement that Microsoft should address.

The cost is a big challenge. It is really quite expensive and puts quite a strain on our budget. Because of that, we have to set a limitation on the use of the online application and the distribution of user licenses. If the pricing were more friendly, we might want to get more people using the product.

The pricing is really the key feature that holds us back from making more and better use of the product.

I have been using the product for about one year.

The product is very stable. We only have very rare issues when something goes wrong.

The scalability of Office 365 is quite good. The cost of the licenses is the main issue when it comes to scalability, not the product itself. We have to try to balance the number of licenses according to the most critical users.

We do plan to increase usage over time since the company will always grow. As the number of critical users increases, we will need to purchase more licenses.

So there is the possibility of changing the number of licenses we are using and that would be all we need to do to scale usage with some very minor attention to security issues.

The technical support is good. Probably the best thing about tech support is that we do not need to be involved with them because the product is stable.

We previously used on-premise Exchange server , the solution was good but administration of the solution was very time consuming , security was a key concern and downtime was very frequent.

The initial setup was okay. It was not too complex, but it also was not as straightforward as it might have been.

We implemented through a Microsoft vendor and their expertise is very good.

We find that the licensing costs are high enough that it makes us restrict the number of users in our organization.

We evaluated G-Suite

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to others who are looking into implementing Office 365 is that this solution is a good one for anybody needing a scalable, stable solution with good uptime.

It is virtually a worry-free solution especially from the standpoint of IT administrators.

On the scale from one to ten, with one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate this product as a nine-out-of-ten. I would rate OneDrive as a nine as well.

Hybrid Cloud
More Office 365 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft 365 Business
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.