Office 365 Review

Extremely reliable with an all-encompassing suite of features

What is our primary use case?

My use case is mainly the email solution of Office 365. I use the exchange online for my emails, corporate emails. I use OneDrive for saving my data on the internet, and the other good features are Excel, Word and PowerPoint online, which allows me to create online documents. I also sometimes use Microsoft Teams within Office 365. We generally use Teams for our video conference meetings and presentation meetings. We also sometimes use SharePoint to share documents with people outside our organization. I am a cloud security lead and we are users of Office 365.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Office 365 is its reliability and that I haven't experienced any outages, it's always worked fine for me. It also has a unique 'giving' feature in that if I go for Office 365 licensing for a particular license level, Microsoft also offers me other services along with Office 365.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if there was integration with other single sign-on solutions that are available on the market. I'd also like to see integration with other privileged identity or access management solutions. If there are only particular solutions that we have to go with and other market leaders have other solutions that we'd like, then that becomes costly. If they came up with more access or solution integrations that were less expensive, then that would be helpful.

Microsoft should come up with some documentation or presentation related to specific use cases. There are times when companies or organizations migrate to Office 365, but they are not aware of each and every feature that's available and that they could be using. I think they should have special feature-based training sessions, where information can be shared with users. It can be subdivided into departments whether it's accounting, HR, technical.

I've been using this solution for more than five years.

I think this is a very stable solution.

This is a scalable solution. You just need to invest in the new added user licenses and get those onboard. It is on your tenant ID, which is already created. So I guess scalability is quite easy in Office 365. You can go in for new licenses every year and easily scale up. My organization currently has between 400-500 users of this product. We have a team of two or three who deal with it. We plan to increase usage and we already give training sessions on usage of this product on a use case basis depending on the department you're working in.

The technical support is quite good from Microsoft.

We were using G-Suite before this but G-Suite doesn't have the features that Office 365 offers. We have access to Teams, video conferencing, SharePoint and all the other features which is why we thought it was a better solution for us.

The initial setup was straightforward. I think deployment took around one and a half months. and the strategy was to get a batch of users first migrated to Office 365 and then continue in batches until everyone was on board. We worked directly with Microsoft for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More Office 365 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft 365 Business
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.