Office 365 Review

Promotes collaboration and we can access our documents from anywhere

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for document management.

We use Sharepoint for managing documents, Teams for collaboration, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook for email management. We also use the document creator for creating internal surveys.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Office 365 has allowed us to go digital and onboard people seamlessly for working at home during the COVID pandemic.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can access our documents from anywhere. If we aren't using our official laptops, we can still go online to work. I think it helps a lot.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other platforms can be improved. As it is now, it works really well with Azure and other products from Microsoft. However, if you want to integrate something outside of this, especially with Excel, it gives us challenges. There are a lot of use cases in Excel where we want to integrate with other services.

I have been using Office 365 for the past couple of years.

I think that Office 365 is pretty stable. We are using it pretty extensively and I have not encountered any major issues.

I'm pretty sure that this platform is very scalable because now, almost everybody is working from home and using it. We have between 1,500 and 1,600 users who are scattered across geography. Approximately 1,300 are in India and the remainder is spread across the US.

I do not deal with technical support personally, although because we haven't had any major issues, I think that our interaction with them has been smooth.

Prior to using Office 365, we were using the on-premises version.

I would not say that the initial setup is complex. Rather, it is of medium difficulty, somewhere between straightforward and complex.

Once we decided to use Office 365, we were able to onboard people seamlessly. We were able to quickly start working with Team, Skype, and other products.

Our internal IT team took charge of the implementation and deployment. They were able to complete it without assistance. The deployment is now fairly automatic for new people and there is very little time spent on maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, the features are really good, it has made our lives easy, and I highly recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure

Enterprise
More Office 365 reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Microsoft 365 Business
Learn what your peers think about Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.