Office 365 Review

Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

Exchange Online: It's the cloud version of Exchange Server and is pretty much easy to use.

Skype for Business Online formerly Lync Online: It's a fully fledged chat cum video conferencing tool. With the integration of Skype and Lync, the tool has now become more useful and helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

There were functionalities of the Lync 2013 client version that were not helpful, like connecting with people outside the organization and having better conferencing abilities. These have now been improved with the involvement of AT&T collaboration with Microsoft Lync. Moreover, Skype for Business Mobile is a more handy tool now.

What needs improvement?

The Skype for Business admin centre could be easier to use.

The Microsoft Intune admin portal still needs some compatibility support to run on all browsers. Presently, it requires IE 11.0 and higher version to work properly.

I have been using this product since it's complete launch, which was from March 2013.

The 99.99℅ uptime SLA guarantee provided by Microsoft ensures there are no stability related issues.

The tool is cloud-based and is based on Microsoft Azure (IaaS and PaaS). This ensures high scalability and elasticity. I have never had any situation with scalability until now.

Regular customer support is good enough for all when there is a problem. Apart from that, the community supports are there as well. I would recommend enterprise users to enroll for Microsoft's Premier support.

I have not used other solutions; however, I have assisted other users and administrators to migrate from Google Business Apps to Microsoft's Office 365 Enterprise and Business Premier environment.

The setup is easy and user-friendly. On-screen guided instructions help make the complex process easy to use.

Pricing and licensing are pay-as-you-go, concept-wise. Plans are available per user per month or per user per year. These are available on Microsoft's website. Users or organizations can choose the plans according to their requirements and budget.

Frankly, the features packed by Microsoft and the compatibility with Microsoft operating systems provides you the best options when compared with other options available in market. You may Google or Bing the same for more comparisons.

What other advice do I have?

If you really need to move to cloud, compare all of the options, check your budget and requirements and subscribe to Office 365's trial pack, which is available for 30 days. Feel comfortable with the product.

If you feel that this product serves your requirement for the money you are paying, you may subscribe to Office 365 Enterprise. If in case you feel that this would cost you too much (for small business organizations), you may look for other cloud solutions like Google Business Apps or Google Apps and other cloud-based applications. You may look in Google for other cloud-based solutions.

More Office 365 reviews from users