Okta Customer Identity Review

Straightforward to set up, good technical support, and the pass-through authentication is very useful

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for access management and user provisioning. We are also using it for user and group synchronization and as a password for authentication.

What is most valuable?

The pass-through authentication is very useful. You don't have to set up another ADFS. Instead, you can just authenticate your resources for services from the cloud to AD on-premises through the pass-through authentication. There is no password hash saved on the cloud, which is the part that I like the most.

The functioning of Azure AD Connect for both user and group synchronization is very smooth.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the provisioning simplified. When it comes to certain tasks, such as where it is activated on-premises, Azure AD is simpler than Okta.

SSO functionality needs better client support.

I have been working with Okta Customer Identity for two years.

We have had no issues with respect to stability.

The scalability is good.

I have been in touch with the technical support from Okta and they are very good. They answered my questions quickly and supported me very well.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Once we started, we received help from the Microsoft team and it was really good. We were able to complete the installation easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud