Okta Review
Effective integration tool, makes provisioning and deprovisioning management easy

What is our primary use case?

Okta is not just an identity provider (IdP) since, with the help of SAML, it can also be a service provider (SP), which then allows it to integrate with a different identity provider. In other words, it provides SSO. In my organization, we use Okta as a centralized solution for our multiple platforms. With just one login users are able to access any associated platforms without having to log in multiple times.

How has it helped my organization?

All our logins work seamlessly without having to log in multiple times. With multiple applications, you tend to forget your credentials for some of the applications. Some applications have different password policies. With Okta, all of these is centralized. You only need one password, one setup, one policy and one login.

What is most valuable?

Other than Okta being an easy and awesome integration tool, one of the best features it has is the provisioning and deprovisioning, which makes management way easier. You don't need to be too technical to understand how it works.

They also have a good knowledge base that helps end-user to self-serve.

What needs improvement?

Maybe the interface could use some work but, for the most part, the tool is pretty cool.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Okta 10 out of 10 for being an awesome IdP. The API alone is amazing, not to mention the features and integration they have. Compare to other IdPs, Okta uses a dashboard that displays all the associated/linked services, which is really helpful when you have multiple services. It's really an easy tool and their support is great.