Okta Workforce Identity Review

Easy to implement and manage, and the cost benefits are valuable

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Okta is one of the products that we implement for our clients. I am a solution architect and help to design the system.

Most of our clients have a hybrid architecture where they want to use a single sign-on. They have some applications on-premises, whereas others are on the public cloud. This means that they have a two-tier or three-tier architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients are happy because prior to implementation, they had a very distributed architecture. Okta has allowed them to consolidate with respect to identity management, which increases their operational efficiency.

This product has the features that every customer is looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of operation and visibility.

This product is easy to deploy and easy to manage.

There are cost benefits to using this solution.

What needs improvement?

The integration with third-party tools needs to be improved. Mainly, the open-source APIs for Splunk would be helpful, as that is where they aggregate most of the data. If this process can be streamlined then it will definitely help.

I have been working with Okta for the past three years.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. Our clients are large, Fortune 500 businesses.

Okta has very good support and I would score them high, at nine out of ten. I am definitely happy with them.

Prior to working with Okta, our clients had native solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We currently have one customer deployed on AWS and another on Azure.

I am the solution architect and our in-house team does the implementation.

As part of the process, our clients did a couple of POCs. Symantec was one of them, Okta was another, and there was a third product that they evaluated. During this process, they had success criteria defined, and Okta did well with most of it.

The metrics included the operation and cost benefits, the business value, and the support.

What other advice do I have?

Every customer has a different need and a different requirement. For anybody who is considering this product, I think they should do a pilot POC to make sure that it works well in their environment.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Okta Workforce Identity reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with VMware Identity Manager
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.