Okta Workforce Identity Review

A simple and perfect solution that has good integration with various platforms and 99.9% uptime

What is our primary use case?

We are an authorised reseller partner

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity and integration with various vendor-agnostic platforms are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

API Securities Solution

I have been engaged with Okta for more than 2 years, have seen the latest version.

It is highly stable. They claim 99.9% uptime. We never came accross downtime and performance issues

Okta is not only a single sign-on platform but also Life cycle management, the core of the Identity Management platform. Okta access gateway can publish on-premise legacy applications to the cloud.

They are very good. The Okta system engineers involved in presales engagement have sound knowledge on Okta platforms and IAM in general. What I have noticed personally is that Okta provides them with extensive training before assigning them to the Job. It helps them in understanding the technology well before starting with the job.

Its initial setup is straight forward. Okta tenant creation can be done quickly. Adding users and applications to the okta platform has customer dependabilities. Integration and going live with O365 also takes a little bit more time than other apps because of internal rollout and user training. It is not an Okta problem but needs customer Microsoft teams active involvement

Okta Service Partner

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend a phase-wise approach and not doing everything in one step. You can start with the basics of single sign-on and MFA and then proceed to life cycle management. I would also recommend starting with the lest critical applications and then add critical ones to the SSO platform. It is a journey, and we need to start small and slowly migrate it. Adaptive MFA provides proactive defence against login and credential abuse.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a ten out of ten.

Other
More Okta Workforce Identity reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with VMware Identity Manager
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.