Okta Workforce Identity Review

Stable sign-on with provisioning and has the ability to enable and disable features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is a single sign-on software. We apply a menu to everyone in the company with software that they have access to and allowing them to use that as a single point of sign-on for all of their applications.

What is most valuable?

This solution allows us to do the provisioning. Also the most important for us is the ability to enable and disable features for employees as they onboard and offboard.

What needs improvement?

It is a complex solution, and you need a good understanding of how to use it correctly. Otherwise, you can't take full advantage of what it offers and it becomes difficult to use.

I don't know if it is possible to make it simpler to use or simpler to understand, but that would be the most important thing to improve.

In the next release, I would like to see them add other solutions to their suite of products.

I would like to see better integration with other software.

The ability to do the provisioning is a great feature and there is some software where they can sign-on but they can't do the provisioning.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We are a medium-sized company and we haven't run into any issues.

We have just under one thousand users.

We have contacted the technical support and it has been very good.

We had some issues that involved cross-company problems. Because Okta as a single source sign-on that also integrates with several other products there can be a lot of issues.

Sometimes you need to involve other companies as well.

We had one similar issue and it was resolved nicely. It took some time, but they managed it from a central point easily until it was successfully resolved.

This is the first Single Sign-On solution that we have been using.

The initial setup is simple.

We did not use a vendor or an integrator to implement this solution, we did it ourselves.

Before choosing, we did a proof of concept for both Okta and OneLogin and we like the way Okta integrated.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I think that people have to first do a good mapping of how their use case needs to be installed so that they can do it as easily as possible.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Okta Workforce Identity reviews from users