Oktopost Review

The insights it provides are very helpful in understanding what is working for us and what's not, but it needs a dashboard that shows me how many followers our accounts have gained or lost.

What is most valuable?

I love the conversion reporting and integration with Marketo and SFDC.

How has it helped my organization?

Oktopost allows us to have visibility into where we're moving the needle with our social media marketing. The insights it provides are very helpful in understanding what is working for us and what's not.

What needs improvement?

It would be wonderful if the Oktopost team developed a dashboard that showed me how many followers our accounts have gained or lost. It would also be helpful if we could track the same for our competitors. And in addition, it would be great to have the tool identify social influencers in our space for us to engage with. I also think the board is a great concept, but it's way too pricey to be scalable.

I've used it for two months.

We had zero support in our deployment, it's very DIY. Luckily, the deployment was easy enough that we could handle it.

None whatsoever.

It can be pretty expensive to scale to more than a handful of users.

Customer service is nil. I don't even have a contact. When I've reached out for assistance it's been pretty difficult.

Technical support is just okay. I had an issue that it took over a week to rectify; mostly due to the time difference of the support team.

I previously used HootSuite's free product. I switched because of Oktopost's ability to measure conversions, and the ability to integrate it with Marketo and SFDC.

It was pretty straigthforward - just connect your social accounts and go.

We did it in-house.

It's hard to say.

Take them up on the free 30-day trial so you can get a sense of whether it's what you're looking for. Only purchase it if you feel confident in going it alone.

• SproutSocial
  • HootSuite

What other advice do I have?

Be sure you have the time to do some of your reporting manually. I like to track how our competitors are doing on social (e.g., what's our marketshare) as well as how our reach is growing and these are still manual tasks.