Omada Identity Review

Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology but there have been performance issues

What is our primary use case?

Our general use cases include:

• User onboarding
  • User out-boarding
  • Role-based access control, e.g., whenever a person's role is changed from one to another, then all the related roles need to be changed.
  • Role management
  • Asset management
  • Re-certification, audits that happen every quarter. Every quarter a manager has to certify all his subordinates' access, whether that expertise should be gained or not, or whether they'll be skipped.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the product is that it is Microsoft-based and it supports all Microsoft technology. It is ingrained with Microsoft and we implemented it ourselves for our clients wherein we can request software to install from Omada. That is something they have implemented and they are getting a lot of value out of.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, there are not so many out of the box connectors available in the current version. So what they have improved in the latest version is more out of the box connectors for integration, that is one improvement.

Then there is the recertification process. When the recertification process is launched that makes Omada very slow. There are performance issues in the current version.

We have been working with Omada Identity Suite for around one year.

There have been some performance issues during the re-certification process, so it works well whenever the re-certifications or audits are not launched but the re-certification makes it very slow.

We haven't tried doing scaling it yet, so I don't know about that.

I personally have not contacted their support because I don't support our Omada current clientele but our clients have contacted Omada quite often when they required line support. They said the support was fine.

Omada people came in on-premises and they helped with the installation, so it was a joint effort from the client and Omada. Our client takes care of the maintenance. They are enterprise size and use Omada on a daily basis.

Licenses are only for installations and support problems. They are definitely additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if you are more Microsoft based technology. If not then I wouldn't recommend Omada, because it mainly works on Windows. It has been a market leader and Omada is growing, but it's not quite there with the current version. I would definitely recommend version 12.0 Omada.

In the next release, I would like to see more governance.

I would rate Omada a seven out of ten. The reason for that being is that it's good but it has got some limitations. Some performance improvements can be done.