Omada Identity Suite Review

Very robust system which ensures a high level of compliance while reducing manpower

What is most valuable?

Omada Identity Suite is an extremely flexible solution providing easy customisation of anything from process flows to role assignment rules and compliance reports. It’s handled almost exclusively through configuration, not development. Reacting on new requirements can be handled swiftly.

How has it helped my organization?

The whole IT side of offboarding/onboarding of employees/external consultants is centred on OIS. A tight integration between the HR system, OIS and AD ensures a high level of compliance while reducing manpower to a minimum.

What needs improvement?

The suite’s flexibility within the area of continuous violation detection and handling could be improved. I have not used the latest version, but I have been told that some work has been put into this area recently by Omada.

Eight years.

Generally, a very robust system running on Windows/MS SQL.

I have experience with rather large companies that have OIS handling thousands of identities and without worrying much about load balancing, server clusters, etc.

Above average.

I have worked with Sailpoint’s IIQ and I believe that on quite a high number of features (functional and nonfunctional), OIS is superior. I can only think of one area in which Sailpoint could claim to have reached a higher level of maturity: continuous recertification of accesses.

Considering the scope of the project, the setup was quite straightforward.

No knowledge of the pricing model.

What other advice do I have?

Despite the high level of flexibility in the SW, I recommend implementing the standard IAM processes/functionality that OIS offers and expand scope/customise from there.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implemented OIS solutions for a number of customers.
1 visitor found this review helpful