Omada Identity Suite Review

Automated processes save us time in administration

What is our primary use case?

I have this solution at two different sites and they are completely different setups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the automatic provisioning and reconciliation of things like the Active Directory groups and memberships.

You can set up automated processes so that you don't need to have an AD administrator doing it all. You can have the processes automate and control who's allowed to do what, and all of these features are quite good.

The way they do the connection to external systems for the provisioning and for the reconciliation is also very good.

What needs improvement?

The user interface should have a more flexible design, where you can change it to your requirement. It is not an agile design, so it doesn't reformat itself for small devices like tablets or mobile phones (i.e. fluid design).

One year.

In a stable environment, it's reasonably stable.

You can kind of provoke it into being less stable. There is a thing called ROPE (Reconciliation and Policy Engine) that can sometimes be a bit tricky. Otherwise, it is mostly stable.

On my side, I consider it relatively easy to scale. I have been involved with customers that have worldwide organizations running with it. There are guidelines for scaling to that kind of size. Generally, scalability is ok.

Frankly, everybody in the company uses it because it is used to apply for permissions. Our internal administration team is between ten and twelve people, whereas there are a couple of thousand end-users.

I have had no problem with technical support. I have enrolled two similar people, with access to their partner website as well. In the partner's site, there is help available outside of the Omada family of products.

I find the initial setup quite straightforward, however, I can imagine it being complex for some people. It can become very complex with the connections to external systems. I know of one customer here who has had very great problems with it, but another one found it a bit easier.

The main problem is going to be the amount of shoe-horning your own systems into it. That's the big problem; modeling so that everything fits.

We had an integrator working with our in-house team. You can't do it all on your own. You need an integrator, but there are good integrators and poor integrators.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend using this solution and I would rate it a seven and a half out of ten.