OmniAccess WLAN Review

I like the voice-over WLAN QoS features but some features could be made for mobile WLAN corporate access

Valuable Features

• AAA with Radius and digital certificates
  • Voice-over WLAN QoS Features
  • Built-in WLAN site-survey and planning tool
  • Built-in Guess Access feature

Improvements to My Organization

We deployed them in two hospitals, they benefit from the access of users via Guest Portal and the use of VoWLAN Phones for mobile internal communication.

Room for Improvement

Maybe some features could be made for mobile WLAN corporate access and Access Point survivability when issues with the WLAN Controller and/or communication link issues.

Use of Solution

I used this solution for three years, I deployed it for several customers.

Yes, some issues are related to firmware bugs or firmware instability.

Yes, some of them are related to VoWLAN QoS and voice stability.

No, when we need to scale up, we follow the vendor instructions and directions for adding more devices of same type and some configurations in CLI.

9/10 and we have a great relationship with Alcatel-Lucent,

Great 10. They are very commited and helpful.

No, we studied others solutions but none of them were deployed by us.

A little bit complex, because the devices have a big set of caveats that are mandatory to deploy.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options evaluated.

Other Advice

Because of the long list of technical caveats, I would strongly advise people to take the official OmmniAcces WLAN course before deployment.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Moshiur Rahman KhanConsultantTOP 5

How did you connect OmniPCX interface with Nurse Calling System (NCS) and What is the brand name of NCS?

08 June 17