OmniPeek Review

A good tool that provides valuable insight when troubleshooting for my clients

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for this solution is to analyze network problems for clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Voicebot, which checks the quality of service for voice, and the expert view that gives me insight on what and where to troubleshoot.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the expert view better, and even more expanded than it is.

Sometimes setting up the filters for the product is difficult, and I can't quickly sharpen them from the home screen. There may be a better way to do it, but if so then there should be better guidance on how to do it. This is the thing that I sometimes struggle with, and I switched to Wireshark because the filters are very easy to implement. Making it more clear on how to configure the filters, or really automating them would be an improvement.

The pricing for this solution could be improved, as it is a very expensive product.

Five years.

This is a very stable solution.

Because I only use this for a single incident I don't scale it, so I can't comment on the scalability.

I have never contacted technical support.

I use Wireshark, which is a free, open-source package. I am still using both of them because of how the two products represent information. OmniPeek is a superior product, but I correlate the information from Wireshark because sometimes it gives me a quicker indication of what I am looking at.

The initial setup was straightforward and very easy to install.

I took care of the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product. I would recommend and encourage people to use it because it has helped me a lot in the field.

This is a very good product, but I do not have enough knowledge about the product to fully evaluate it.