ON24 Platform Review

Friendly user interface, simple navigation; suitable for small and large webinars

What is our primary use case?

We began looking for a solution for virtual events and webinars once the problem of the coronavirus started. IBM is my client and they have two vendors for virtual events and webinars - ON24 and PGA. We got a good deal from ON24, an economical license which allowed for several events. We ended up with 1,500 attendees at the first webinar. Since then I've done about 10 more webinars on ON24. I work in planning and strategy.

What is most valuable?

In general, the solution provides a good experience. The user interface is friendly and from the user perspective, navigation was simple. You don't need to search for things like video downloads, it's all very clear. They also have a wonderful backend section which provides an edge over other platforms. All the controls are at the backend so I can create an event ID and deal with it all myself. It's a good platform, suitable for smaller events as well as larger ones.

What needs improvement?

One thing that could be improved is that there is a 5,000 person limit. Exceeding that requires an additional fee and requires purchasing additional cloud space. It's difficult because you never know on the day how many people will join. The reporting could also be improved because it sometimes requires putting in a request for additional information. If reporting were more in-depth that could be avoided.

I think the next release could include something related to bandwidth optimization because I log in from three devices, iPhone, mobile and laptop to check. There was some lag with the mobile.

I've been using this solution for six months.

This is a stable product.

It's scalable and flexible, functionalities are good. The only issue was not knowing how many people would turn up and being able to prepare for that.

We had two people assisting us, one in London and the other in the Middle East so in terms of support we were covered. They were also on standby for the first event. I think that because IBM and ON24 are partners and we have a license for both regions, they gave us full support.

The initial setup was straightforward, I did it myself. Normally it might take two or three days but we were able to do it in a few days.

We paid $1,800 for five webinars, which is the standard fee. If you require support there is a $300 additional fee, extra attendees is an additional fee, integration is an additional fee, etc. All these extras could add on another $2,500 which was not in our budget.

I looked at a demo from Intrado which more or less offers the same thing. Your needs have to be aligned with what the product offers which is why we went with ON24.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good platform and we had a good response from our attendees.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.