One Identity Active Roles Review

It has very powerful native policies and scripts

What is most valuable?

• It provides automatic provisioning/update/deprovisioning workflows from a source system to a target system.
  • It allows you to easily monitor all workflow processes.
  • It has very powerful native policies and scripts, which allow you to create your own custom policies, scripts, and virtual attributes.
  • In addition to using the console (MMC interface), it also gives you management from the web interface.

How has it helped my organization?

When a new employee is hired, we create a new Active Directory (AD) user in a related department (Organizational Unit) with a random generated password, then give that user some AD rights. Also, we create an exchange mail user for this user on cloud or on-prem and inform that user by sending a notification mail or SMS. We did similar things in other systems and did all the process manually before Active Roles. That means lots of workload and manual processes. Active Roles provided us to do all these operations automatically and reduced our workload very significantly.

What needs improvement?

For ActiveRoles, it would be good if the product supports multi-scripting language. You can use only VBScript.

VB.net , C#, or Powershell scripting would be a good choice for the product.

Almost five years.

No issues.

No issues.

Technical support replies really promptly. The support team is very experienced and focused on the product. On the other hand, there is a community portal and you can find every piece of knowledge on there.

We have not used any similar products before. We did all related operations manually.

It was very straightforward.

The licensing model is a simple user-based model, not that much complicated.

We evaluated and researched other options, such as NetIQ, FIM, Oracle, CA, IBM, and SailPoint.

However, Active Roles is most suitable for us.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important to come together with system owners who will be integrated at the beginning of the project to clarify all the rules and determine the work to be done. Test environments of the systems to be integrated must be requested. Test environments are so necessary.