One Identity Manager Review

A portal for user requests and authorizations which can be customized to display corporate logos and color schemes.

What is most valuable?

The out-of-the-box connectors (SAP, LDAP, MS Active Directory, CSVs, etc.), and the one-stop-shop portal for user requests and authorizations which can be customized to display corporate logos and color schemes.

Additionally, certain “out-of-the-box” features can be configured to not be displayed or affect specific behaviors through the Project Configurator.

Additional customization requiring coding is possible, but requires additional planning, coding, and testing and is out of scope for this project.

In D1IM there are different ways of connecting with targeted systems. Out-of-the-box Connectors could be with:

• Connected system modules which allow interaction between D1IM and third party systems, with their specific schema extensions, dedicated synchronization templates and business logic. They allow deeper out-of-the-box target system management.
  • Connectors which are predefined synchronization interfaces, developed by Dell, and are highly configurable but cannot be customized!

Interfaces are developed during IdM projects as an additional, customer specific feature of D1IM. This enables the connection of more proprietary or less common systems. Interfaces are easily changed in their functional behavior and implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

With this tool, you can easily orchestrate automation user access provisioning and implement multiple layers of authorizations (4 eyes or 6 eyes principles).

What needs improvement?

• Implementation of skip logic in user access request forms - this topic cannot been explained easily because it requires a deep dive within the functionality of the Web Portal.
  • Lack of integration with RestAPI - the lack of out-of-the-box RestApi connectors creates some difficulties in integration running infrastructure as code, with DevOps operation (CI, CD, VCS etc.) and managing On Premise and external clouds.

We have been using this solution since 2006.

We have not encountered any stability issues. The system is rock solid.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The Dell technical support is good enough.

The D1IM gives a rare opportunity to integrate multiple authorizations and authentication platforms into a single portal.

The configuration is complex and requires a good understanding of your existing infrastructure and related protocols for communications.

We have no specific advice about licensing issues.

We evaluated Ping One Identity, SAP IDM, Oracle Access Manager, Net IQ Identity Manager, and RSA Access Manager.

What other advice do I have?

Clarify what level of automation is needed in a user access request. Authorization and provisioning is achievable while comparing company needs and objectives.

1 visitor found this review helpful