One Identity Manager Review

The Data Importer is a great tool to create an ETL, as it generates code

What is most valuable?

Everything (location, cost center, department, business role, etc.) is a role.

The Data Importer is a great tool to create an ETL. It generates code which is easy to maintain later without the tool.

The Attestation function lets you easily define grant/deny workflows based on constellations in the database.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to connect 300+ SAP clients who were requesting access to SAP roles with the software. We also established an offboarding/onboarding process for SAP clients, as well as other target systems.

What needs improvement?

Some internal structures are in place because of already depreciated functions back from the time when the solution was used for software deployment and as a help desk.

Four years.

Versioning requires a lot of customizing effort.

No issues.

Web Designer consumes a lot of memory based on certain queries that could let the IIS run short on memory. This could be mitigated with more memory.

Very good.

Very good.

No, it is wizard driven. If something went wrong we had to restart from the beginning.

The vendor team had a mixed level of experience, but there were enough excellent engineers.

Unmeasured.

Start with an operations team that is motivated to learn a lot in a short period of time. The longer you wait, the more expensive it will be to get the right level of expertise in this area.

I was not involved.

What other advice do I have?

Great product, which I would recommend. It has a huge learning curve, but could solve all your IAM challenges. Make sure to have a good team and support from the vendor.