One Identity Manager Review

Workflow feature is key for us, but the solution needs to improve on integration

What is our primary use case?

We use it to give the right access to the right resources.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made us much more effective and efficient in providing access to users and in managing certain processes. It has definitely helped to increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning users and systems. It's difficult to estimate how much their productivity has increased because we already had some identity management systems. I don't know how much this solution has helped us compared to the other systems, but it has definitely helped.

What is most valuable?

Workflow management is an important feature. With other identity management products, there was no workflow management so we had to build it ourselves. That's one of the reasons we selected One Identity.

We have also found the solution to be flexible. We can customize a lot of things and arrange most things within the product.

It has also definitely helped simplify compliance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a lot more integration with our platforms, more on the connector side. We are still using version 7.1. There are a lot of new features in 8.1, so we will look forward to using that.

The product is good, it's stable.

I'm relatively new in this role and I haven't figured out how scalable it is. That's one of the use cases I'm working on with my engineers right now.

Technical support is good.

We were using several solutions for access and we finally selected One Identity as the best solution for our purposes. We had a home-grown identity management solution, but because of the complexity of it we selected One Identity Manager as our future-looking identity management product.

The setup was complex but it was mostly because of our environment. We have a very complex environment. We have a lot of ancient systems.

All the big ones were on our list. We chose One Identity because of the possibilities that were already present in the system. There were more than in the other ones.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product which provides great opportunities.

Regarding the policy and role management features, I hear they're good. I don't know that part as well, but I have heard from the engineers they're pretty okay.

We have integrated One Identity Manager with SAP, but we're moving from SAP as an HR system to the Workday system. We're in the middle of that integration right now. The original integration with SAP was done before I started using the product, but I from what I heard it was pretty okay. But you have to have a lot of knowledge of One Identity Manager before you can start implementing it, and knowledge of it is a bit of a problem.

The solution hasn't yet impacted our cloud strategy because we are not working hard on cloud strategy right. We're thinking about moving some pieces but we have not yet implemented it.

We know that version 8 is much better than the version 7 we use. But the version we use is about a seven out of ten because we have had some real difficulties with the integration part, from the old systems.