One Identity Safeguard Review

It offers four-eye and gateway authentication with a real-time audit capability.

What is most valuable?

Monitoring and controls privileged access to remote server/appliances for RDP/SSH/HTTP/ICA/VNC protocols

Four-eye authentication and gateway authentication with real-time audit capability

Credential storage and user mapping policies

Inband destination selection with DNS resolve/mapping internal resources

Detailed audit search capability into proprietary video stream for all protocols supported with keylog functions

How has it helped my organization?

• Improved security
  • Detailed audits for support/maintenance activities done by admin/technician and third-party engineers
  • Drastically reduced unauthorized and improper use of systems and servers

What needs improvement?

The only improvement would be to manage more concurrent sessions.

I have been using it for four years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have encountered scalability issues. The system needs to be properly analysed before putting it into production. Supported protocols have different needs in terms of computing power, and this directly impacts the number of concurrent sessions that can be managed.

absolutely perfect

Technical support is 10/10, absolutely.

I did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is straightforward, but you need to have a pre-defined plan, know how to implement authentication or the authentication store if used, and also how to do network integration.

I don't know about pricing, but licensing is based on concurrent session through SCB.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: i'm working as system integrator, for Balabit products in Italy.
Securely store, manage, record and analyze privileged access

Prevent security breaches and limit damage by putting in place a privileged access management solution. Get a free 45-day trial, or request a demo of One Identity SafeGuard.