One Identity Safeguard Review

Enables us to implement encryption protocols across channels

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for our One Identity Safeguard solution is to optimize security across private accounts, accounts which can be secured upstream and downstream. The solution enables us to implement encryption protocols across channels. It is designed so that depending on the cryptographic case, different policies can be applied in correlation.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't think it's improved our organization internally. I've had to suspend workflows and focus my time and attention on creating technical, instructional, documentation regarding user procedures and practices.

What is most valuable?

The majority of the features offered with this solution are the same as with other similar systems. The most unique and valuable features are the upstream and downstream throughput capacities; the Safeguard platform provides agile integration.

In actuality, all the features are valuable. They're good and user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The technical support for this solution needs to be immediate, intuitive, and responsive especially as it refers to supporting ticket submissions and processing.

Furthermore, we've had trouble understanding how certain policy framework applies. I would like to see clearly laid out policies or better support and explanations around policy dynamics.

The stability and downtime of the solution could also be upgraded to include a messaging function which would give users a clear understanding of what's happening without having to navigate to a particular section of the page.

Lastly, I would also like to see the price reduced.

More than five years.

It's very stable. There are about 150 users, mostly administration, currently using this solution in our company. We don't encounter many problems with the system.

I am encountering issues when it comes to the scalability of the solution.

Our experience with technical support has been disappointing. We require more prompt and faster response times. We require answers to our questions right away but we haven't received that level of support.

The initial setup was very easy. We followed the given instruction protocol. We also used white papers when necessary for clarification and better understanding. It only took us one month to implement.

We used an integrator for the deployment. It was a good experience.

Setup cost, pricing and licensing are all very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are very pleased with the Safeguard platform feature. You can't find this technology anywhere else.

On a scale from one to ten, one being the worst and ten being the best, I would give this product a nine rating. If the technical support was better I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

See it in Action