One Identity Safeguard Review

Efficient and stable with excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing and monitoring privileged users, both internal and external.

How has it helped my organization?

Gave much more visibility over who is doing what and more granular control over external support engineers.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable features are the efficiency and the quality of the recording.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an adjustment with more enterprise architecture. Currently for SPS (SafeGuard for Privileged Sessions) there is only a single appliance option (both virtual and physical). It can be scaled using a load balancer to handle huge amount of sessions (although the device is quite efficient), but it also means you will need to purchase multiple boxes. It would be beneficial to have segregated modules as an option and you could buy and implement them separately. For example: trap module (proxy), audit module (search interface), storage module (store and encrypt recordings), etc.

I've been using the solution for over three years with multiple customers and installations.

The stability of the solution is good.

If your current architecture is not designed for this, then it can it may be difficult to expand beyond a certain amount. Our current biggest deployment is for thousands of users.

Technical support is brilliant. They are very helpful.

I was using other solutions in a lab environment for some demos and comparisons, but in real practice, I have not integrated other solutions.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. However, to figure out how to use it, a consultant or an integrator for new users is highly advised.

We're integrators for the solution. We help clients implement it.

Yes, I made some comparison on CyberArk, BeyondTrust, SSH and CA.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We're an integrator company for this solution.

In terms of advice, I'd say new users should involve the integrator architecture team from the beginning.  From a technical perspective, you need to have discussions with the network team from the beginning.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner and integrator
More One Identity Safeguard reviews from users
...who compared it with CyberArk PAS
Securely store, manage, record and analyze privileged access

Prevent security breaches and limit damage by putting in place a privileged access management solution. Get a free 45-day trial, or request a demo of One Identity SafeGuard.