OneLogin Review

Enables us to connect users to IDE and other endpoints

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to connect the users to the IDE and other endpoints. That is the basic use case that we have for OneLogin.

How has it helped my organization?

With OneLogin there is a shift in the way identities are managed from an on-premise solution to a cloud solution.

Increasing the number of users with OneLogin is very easy. You don't have to really increase your hardware configuration because you don't host anything.

What is most valuable?

I like the feature with OneLogin where you can create a new role and associate it with the users. It's quite easy and user-friendly. It doesn't take much expertise to do all these things with OneLogin from what I observed.

What needs improvement?

OneLogin needs to increase the number of connectors available out of the box to connect to the different endpoints. The number of out-of-box connectors should be increased. If more of the out-of-box connectors are made more available, the product would be improved. I believe that the user interface can be a little better on OneLogin.

The downtime with OneLogin is something that will keep improving, but it's fine. The pricing is quite competitive compared to other products.

I would like to see easier UI customization and things like that. It should be easier to configure the settings of OneLogin based on the customer's needs.

In our experience, OneLogin is very stable.

Scalability is one issue with OneLogin that we haven't really tested yet. We haven't put that much load on the software directly to test the scalability.

Given the number of users that we cater to, it performs quite well. There are different customers of ours using the solution. The biggest customer might have around ten thousand internet users who are using this.

With OneLogin we manage the typical roles of the client, like developers, managers, internet employees, etc. Those are the kind of people that we are regulating.  We do not require more than two people for the deployment. For maintenance, we always give one day for the allocation, but there are not many maintenance tasks. We have one person enrolled as the maintenance support consultant per project. OneLogin is still the market's most exemplary solution.

Slowly our use of OneLogin is increasing. I wouldn't say it is very extensively used currently, but our goal is to have more and more customers use it.

Personally, I have not had direct experience with OneLogin customer support because I have not interacted with them. The different deployment teams take care of those things.

We have used other solutions in different places. For cloud solutions, we have used Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Services, their Cloud Identity Services. We recommend this solution based on our client's needs.

It's quite simple to set up OneLogin. The initial setup is quite simple because you don't have to do too many tasks. Many things are already there when you log in to manage the product.

Compared to the on-premise solution, the cloud version of OneLogin has many pre-configured settings and it doesn't take much time to set up for your enterprise.

I'm not the person who does the deployments. We are partners with OneLogin and we do this for the clients. The delivery team handles the deployments. What we have done is organize some pilot programs where we demonstrated the product capabilities to our customers.

We use people from our own company to deploy OneLogin. Our own guys do the deployment since they were all trained for it. They are all very good at doing the OneLogin deployment for our clients.

The pricing for OneLogin seems to be okay. The pricing and licensing are affordable. If you'd consider OneLogin to be expensive, it's worth it.

If the customer is already heavy on the Microsoft Windows platform and they have an inclination towards Azure, we compare how Azure would work for the customer versus OneLogin. That is where we make a decision.

If the client doesn't have much of a directory requirement in the environment, then OneLogin would be a good choice.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend having the professional services from OneLogin, if not fully, at least partially.

OneLogin is a pretty good product. I would rate OneLogin as eight because there is still room for improvement.