OneLogin Workforce Identity Review

Easy to use, good password management and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we use the solution for identity management. We wanted to have our own identity management on-premises as we did not want to use any third-party cloud solutions.

What is most valuable?

I haven't explored the solution completely to a great extent.

Thus far, I've found that it's easy to use.

The solution's ability to save and manage of all my passwords is great.

What needs improvement?

With OneLogin, I haven't found anything that I thought particularly needed an upgrade. The features that they have provided are absolutely fine with me. When it comes to our organization's requirements, it changes from time to time, so the features we need might change in the future as well.

In terms of managing the users on a large scale, it would be easier if they had some kind of user management portal.

Device management could be added to the solution. Users should be able to have a custom device added to the enterprise edition of the portal. From there, users should be able to add any device and use the solution to login.

The user management is supplied via a plugin and should probably just come standard within the solution itself.

I've been using the solution for one year.

Scalability-wise, we haven't deployed it completely. Right now, we are looking for something that may be more compatible with our requirements. We are not yet finalized on the features that we need. We have biometric devices that need to be created and finished as well and so we want users to have both password and biometric sign-in capabilities. Therefore, we've yet to attempt to scale the solution and I wouldn't be able to speak to how hard or easy it is in general.

We have tried Okta, and currently, we are trying to go through the company's product manuals. We're working to purchase a subscription on a monthly basis for 5 or 6 users. We are still exploring what the pros and cons are to see if it will fit with our requirements.

Both products are great. Okta does provide user management so I can have all my users' applications in a single location. With OneLogin, I need to indicate the application and supply the technical application via a plugin. We need to have the plugin for OneLogin which we don't need with Okta.

During the initial setup, I was going through the user manual and then trying to work out how to implement everything. I am inter-technical. Therefore, I have a fair understanding of how the system works. It was not a problem for me. For first-time users, I think it could be simplified a little bit more.

I handled the entire implementation myself using the documentation provided by the solution.

Currently, upper management is asking that we look at other solutions. We're looking at Okta while we start the process of seeking out other solutions to compare.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of the version we are using, however, I do believe it is the latest release.

I use it on my personal computer for my personal use. I have a web subscription.

I was recently looking for other Identity providers available that have on-premises potential. OneLogin has on-premises solutions but their enterprise options are a bit on the expensive side so we are looking for alternatives.

Currently, I'm much more focused on Okta, as the solution hasn't really met our requirements.

The main feature that we are looking for is the device management in which we don't need to have a plugin for anything. We want to manage everything in one place. We even want to have the PCs go password-less. Based on the fact that we want to make all of our PCs password-less, we are looking for something that can help us manage the PCs as well.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More OneLogin Workforce Identity reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Workforce Identity
Find out what your peers are saying about OneLogin, Okta, Microsoft and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.