OneSpan DIGIPASS Review

Good authentication options, but the setup can be complex and the user interface should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using the multi-application authenticator where you can connect from an external network to the internal network, safely.

What is most valuable?

OneSpan Digipass is very useful, easy to use and work with.

What needs improvement?

Many of the users with licenses are not getting their IPs all of the time. It seems that the licenses are not active on the user end.

There are multiple errors. At times, when the user is trying to scan and activate the license, it comes up with an error code.

The user interface could be improved.

The setup could be simplified.

The mobile app that is available for Digipass does not scan the QR code to activate the license.

Users would like to see more functions and creation options for the user base and the UI console. They are not getting all of the features that are available on the UI Console. The features are the same but they are not able to configure them.

I have been using this solution for two years. I started using it in 2017 and through until 2019, and then recently with a client in 2020.

It's a stable product.

OneSpan Digipass is scalable.

We have 300 users in our organization who are licensed and using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support. We have our IT team leader who contacts them if there are issues.

The initial setup is quite complex. It is not at all straightforward.

This solution can be deployed in an hour, and sometimes takes two people to do so.

To maintain this solution on three or four servers, you need three to four people.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone who is interested in using it. Overall, it's a good product.

I would rate OneSpan Digipass a seven out of ten.

3.1.9
Find out what your peers are saying about OneSpan, RSA, Cisco and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.