OP5 Monitor Review

Flexible, helpful support, and the API makes integration easy

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our network monitoring solution.

What is most valuable?

The API makes it pretty easy to integrate with any system.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is not what we are used to these days, and should be improved. For example, the dashboards are easily customizable to a certain degree, but not as well as a product like Tableau. From the visual aspect, it could look a bit fancier.

Functionality-wise, this product is missing the NetFlow monitor.

Our organization has been using OP5 for more than ten years.

This is definitely a stable product.

OP5 is scalable.

We have been in contact with technical support and found them to be helpful.

We have used various monitoring products but at the moment, OP5 is our main one.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and there are some templates that you need to apply. It's not for somebody who is inexperienced, but if you have some IT knowledge then you can get up to speed quickly.

Basically, we just need two parameters to set it up, and then it's up to you to decide what you want to monitor.

What other advice do I have?

I like the flexibility, as it is based on Nagios. It is more tailored towards network monitoring and I can recommend it. There are some visual aspects and the NetFlow that are missing, but otherwise, I'm completely fine with it. Especially with the API, where I can use the data with many other systems, it's great.

OP5 is meeting my purpose, but the UI is not suitable for management, who are looking for something fancy. Also considering the NetFlow functionality is missing, it loses a couple of marks.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about ITRS, Nagios, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.