OpenText AppWorks Review

Stable, with good process automation and a nice low-code environment

What is our primary use case?

Generally, we use the solution for automating business processes.

What is most valuable?

For our organization, the low-code environment has been the most useful aspect of the solution for us. We'd like to see more capabilities in the future. They really could grow it out quite a bit. If they enhance it further, it would make the solution more user-friendly and easier for their customer base.

We really appreciate the process automation and how can you create human tasks as one of your processes.

The stability has been quite good over the years.

The solution can scale if a company needs it to.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to continue to enhance the low-coding feature within the product itself. It could be better. They could continue to expand on its capabilities. It would improve the product in the long run.

We have been using the solution here for about three or four years.

The stability has been perfect over the years. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is good.

We have 400 to 500 users who take advantage of the solution at our organization.

The product is very easy to scale. If a company needs to expand it outwards, it can do so with ease.

I've never been in touch with technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are due to the fact that I've never personally used them.

We did not previously use a different solution prior to implementing this product.

I didn't handle the initial setup of the product. I wasn't a part of that team. Therefore, I can't effectively speak to how easy or hard it was to set up the solution.

We tend to handle the maintenance on our side, unless the issue is a bug or a defect, in which case, we would go directly to the vendor. We have two or three individuals that can handle any maintenance the product might need.

The deployment was completely handled in-house. The company did not require the help of outside consultants or integrators.

While I don't have the exact figures in terms of pricing, my understanding is that it is moderately priced. It falls somewhere in the middle. It's not overly expensive or very cheap.

I wouldn't be able to discuss if there are extra costs over and above the standard licensing or not. I don't have that kind of visibility.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers, however, we do have a very good relationship with Open Text.

I was leading the team who's working on it. I don't have hands-on in terms of technical, from a technical point of view. I was leading the team that was using it and developing business processes that were implemented using that technology.

We're doing the latest version of the solution. I don't recall the exact version number.

I'd recommend the solution overall. I would rate it at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with its capabilities so far.

Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, ServiceNow, Microsoft and others in Low-Code Development Platforms. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.