OpenText Content Suite Platform Review

Scalable, verifies complex solutions, and the support we receive is good

What is our primary use case?

We verify complex solutions and we implement it on the business process management system.

ECM has extra value for us. We focus on both solutions and they are a little different.

One is only ECM and the second is as a VPN, with ECM as well.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good solution.

What needs improvement?

Pricing could be improved and the stability or the performance needs improvement, which is very important.

I was using this solution for a year as a developer and for more than three years as a user.

It's stable, although it could be better.

Open Text ECM is scalable. We have over 200 users, but the organization is now bigger.

We use a component to connect ECM to IBM file share by other systems. I am not sure how many users we have who are using it but it may be over 1,000.

The technical support was okay.

We haven't had many issues and everything was resolved through our service agreement.

When I was an architect, on one of our organizations we used IBM Finance in one part of our business. We decided that it was a good solution.

For OpenText, it was a decision which related to using a business process managed system as well.

I was not a part of the initial setup. We have a team in place that handles the setup and deployment.

Both OpenText ECM and IBM FileNet share are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

From my perspective, we are working with two solutions. For both IBM FileNet and OpenText ECM, I was the accountant manager and a place where you can store electronic documentation.

The extra value for both solutions is adding workflow managers, similar to business process management systems. You can verify flows and sign off documents.

I am not sure if I will continue to use this solution in the future. It depends on the business requirements.

If somebody were to ask me which product is better, I think that both are okay and they should verify the business needs then decide which model of pricing or which performance is better for the company.

I would recommend this solution, and if I am considering an enterprise solution, both Open Text ECM and IBM are the same, it depends on what the customer's needs are.

I would rate Open Text ECM a nine out of ten.

More OpenText Content Suite Platform reviews from users