OpenText Documentum Review

Secure document storage that is stable, has good support, and good search capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Most of the solutions that we get are to be built on top of the platform. The platform can't be leveraged as it is. Most of the applications are customized applications that follow a particular life cycle workflow.

We build custom solutions on top of SharePoint, Documentum, and Adobe. We build applications for a lot of government organizations.

The content gets captured by a customized portal, which is written in Java, then the documents get generated via the Adobe and then get published and stored onto Documentum.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the security, storage, and document search capability.

What needs improvement?

An area that needs to improve is how to reduce storage space on the AWS site. Also, scaling up is difficult and we need to look at how to scale a system. If the documents increase the application size, then we need to know how we take care of reducing the size as well as scaling up the application.

In the next release, I would like to see more cooperating workflows, better integration with other systems, and RESTful services.

I have been using Documentum for eight years.

This solution is stable and it is one of the best products that we have.

This solution is scalable, but for large scale implementations, we would always prefer Documentum, rather than SharePoint.

Currently, we have over 25,000 simultaneous users and the total users are more than 40,000.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was a bit difficult. After we read the documentation, the setup and configuration documents, and with the help of the videos, it was easier.

Initially, it took a lot of time to understand the architecture and planning the capacity.

It took a few days in total to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would always recommend this solution and rate it an eight out of ten.

More OpenText Documentum reviews from users