OpenText Documentum Review

Centralized storage with good security

What is our primary use case?

We use Documentum to store important documents for HR and other departments.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Document has improved document organization and also made them more secure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the documents are kept secure.

You can store everything in a central location.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be improved.

Searching for documents is complex and should be easier.

We have been using Documentum for more than ten years.

This has been a stable product so far. Our legal and financial departments are using it, and we haven't had any issues.

We are only using Documentum in-house, so there isn't a heavy usage. We have about 1,000 users in total, although there are only about 100 using it concurrently.

For our purposes, scalability has not been an issue.

Technical support is okay and I would rate them an eight out of ten. In some cases, the time it takes them to respond can be improved.

The company started with Documentum, although we also use SharePoint as well. SharePoint is missing some features, such as document retention. It is better for collaboration, whereas Documentum is better for storing private documents.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using all of the features but from what we do use, I think that this is a good product. It is secure, we can store all of our documents in a central location, and we don't have any plans to change.

More OpenText Documentum reviews from users