OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) Review

Easy to use, perfect for Linux, and great for remote workers

What is our primary use case?

It is a solution for Linux remote users. We don't use Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

This product is great. It's easy to use and it can solve certain problems our remote users face. Employees in other cities and countries can easily access it.

The solution is perfect for Linux users.

What needs improvement?

We have concerns about network speed and security settings.

We're finding that if too many clients connect with OpenText the server may become slower. There seem to be performance issues.

The performance of the graphical interface needs improvement. They should add some CPU to speed graphic acceleration.

Technical support is lacking in the ability to assist anyone who is not a native English speaker. We're in China and we need support staff that can communicate with our engineers, who largely speak Chinese.

We've only started using the solution one month ago. It's very new to us and we are learning to use it remotely.

The solution has some performance issues and we find it runs slowly if too many people are on it at once. Other than that, stability is good. We've been satisfied with it. It doesn't seem to have any bugs or glitches.

The scalability of the solution is okay. However, if too many users are on it at once, it slows down. We have about 120 to 140 users that access the solution, although typically not all at once. We do have plans to increase capacity to 300 in the near future, so we will be scaling up to more than double the size.

OpenText just provides the product to a local system integrator our reseller.

We've found that the resellers are not familiar with the technology. Therefore, we must contact OpenText directly by email or by phone. It's not easy for us as our engineers do not speak English. There's a big communication barrier. It makes us unsatisfied with the level of service we have access to.

We hope that OpenText will find some professional partners in China and will be able to support our customers more professionally and more quickly.

We didn't previously use a different product. We've never used Microsoft or Cisco.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very easy.

We did try a few other solutions before ultimately choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We were recommended this product by our systems integrator. We are satisfied with this product. It's only been about a month, however, it's worked well for us.

About one year ago we start to learn about looking from some remote solutions and came across OpenText. It's perfect for us as the solution is geared towards Linux users specifically and most of our terminals are Linux.

We'd recommend this solution to other Linux users.

I'd rate it eight out of ten overall. It's very easy to use.