OpenText Magellan Analytics Suite Review

The Briefing Book feature enables measures to be filtered and viewed based on different criteria by end users.

What is most valuable?

I like the Briefing Book feature as it enables measures to be filtered and viewed easily based on different criteria. Managers may create their own books to manage their own areas of responsibility, and setting the books up is easy, and all end users can manage this themselves.

How has it helped my organization?

Management review meetings are shorter, as all managers are able to review performance data on the same scorecard database prior to their meetings. They come to the meeting prepared with solutions to problems.

What needs improvement?

It needs to have better quality built in reports. The Initiative Management module also needs work. It needs to offer a better summary of information from the initiatives to enable better reporting.

I've been using it for 19 years.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

There have been no performance issues.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Support is excellent, although it operates only on US and UK time zones.

It is a comprehensive solution for performance management, and yet it is easy to setup and easy to use, especially in comparison with Oracle, SAS, Hyperion and SAP.

Set up was extremely straightforward. There's no need for any programming, and training for a System Administrator takes just a day.

The initial implementation was done through a vendor team, and subsequent changes have all been done internally.

The licence fee is competitive as it is per-user based, and may be scaled up any time.

What other advice do I have?

This software is targeted at executive users, not the data analysts who want to slice and dice. The software will not replace your BI tools, but it will sit nicely on top of a BI tool if you want management to have quick and easy access to performance data.

Initiative Management