Operations Bridge Review

We're able to transform multiple monitoring teams into one working off one console instead of several.

What is most valuable?

We use it for event correlation as the manager of infrastructure-consuming applications and of network events. This is the first time that Vodafone has consolidated all tiers of service delivery. We now have a consolidated dashboard that shows availability and performance across key business services. The value is cost optimization, scalability, and efficiencies. We're able to transform multiple monitoring teams into one working off one console instead of 3, 4, 5, and 6. We have all the data in one place.

How has it helped my organization?

We’re now transforming three teams into one, and others will follow in the coming years.

What needs improvement?

It needs additional scalability, completely remove Flash and Java from it, and improved visualizations. What's there now is a bit ridged.

Also, simplifying the architecture would be great as well, moving to a more standardized approach.

It also needs more simplified licensing.

It's very stable. Before with version 9, it couldn’t scale to what we wanted, but HP worked with us to help us scale this to the platform we’ve built which has over 200 servers.

It's very scalable. We have the largest deployment worldwide and it has scaled and coped with the load easily.

We have about 100 support tickets because of the size of our deployment and they’ve been fantastic.

We needed to consolidate our teams. We had an enormous deployment of Operations Manager already, so to evolve that to OM 10 was a no brainer. The financial terms were also appealing.

It's very complex, but that is reflective of our network design and local delivery. The product could be simpler, but the complexity we experienced was our problem.

Early on there was some discussions about BMC, but HP are our assurance partner, so strategically it made sense to stick with HP. There isn’t really anyone else in the market that has what HP has in terms of a complete vision, particularly anything that brings it back to DevOPs and deeper into the APM space at scale.

What other advice do I have?

I think HP gives you everything you need, but they are not agile and innovative enough. They are following market trends, but others are more innovative. In terms of the products out there, they often the 2nd best, but in terms of the overall offering combined with the support we receive, they are number one. They listen to their customers well and adapt and change accordingly.