Operations Bridge Review

Valuable Features

For me, the most valuable feature is the presentation of the status of business services. It takes events and topologies and shows you the health and performance of your business services.

Improvements to My Organization

It gives businesses the ability to monitor their services with dashboards that show whether those services are working properly. For example, if the business is a bank and its customers can't take money from an ATM, the bank ultimately loses a lot of money. They need to be able to constantly check their the health and performance of this important business service.

Room for Improvement

At times, there are performance and configuration issues. In regards to the performance issues, the system can be a little slow if it's not configured correctly or if it's not used properly.

I'd also love to see the correlation mechanism work even better. It's a nice feature -- correlation between different tech system, application, and network events -- but it requires a lot of configuration for that mechanism to work. I'd like to see it work simpler, better.

Use of Solution

I’ve been using HP products for almost 10 years, and Ops Bridge for the last three or four years.

There's been no issues with deployment.

It's a great product stability-wise. Like every complicated platform, it has some issues, but the stability is excellent.

We have only about 10 or 20 users because we restrict its usage to operators or managers. Each person who logs into the system is a critical user.

The level of technical support depends on who's handling your case. Some cases are very slow, taking one or two months, and some cases take half a day. It depends on the issue or the guy handling it.

Setting it up is very simple, but you need to design your architecture properly.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Microsoft, CA and BMC. They all have similar products, but HP is the strongest.

Other Advice

Compared to other products on the market today, I think it's the best in terms of architecture and capabilities. Like every product, it has its issues, but at the end of the day, it provides its users with business value.