Operations Bridge Review

A simple setup that's scalable and stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for event monitoring and evaluation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are its grouping scripts and event focus.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its general performance of the interface. Especially when there are lots of events, it takes forever to load, especially the closed events.

In a future release, we would like an improved upgrade process. When you upgrade it now, it first uninstalls everything and then reinstalls all the packages, which means any customization that you've done in the directories on the surface disappears.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is reasonably stable. The performance is not always up to scratch, but it seems to be pretty reliable in most cases.

The solution is scalable. The UI seems to be a bit slow sometimes, but otherwise, it's fine. We have between 50-100 users.

The past year has not been very good in terms of technical support. There were long waits before replying. I think up to one year ago it was all right, but now it takes a very long to find solutions to a problem. Very often we find the solution ourselves before the support engineers do.

We previously used Operations Manager. We switched for the added features, better scalability, overall experience, and better resolution to end of life issues.

The initial setup is simple.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would advise others to look into the correlation techniques and adaptability through grouping scripts. The out of the box functionality is great, but there's so much more that you can do with it including dashboards, etc.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

2018.05
More Operations Bridge reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, BMC and others in Event Monitoring. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.